ListBox Font Size Changing Across Platforms

theme90

Hi all,
I've been working with Excel 2010 on Windows 7. I've put several ActiveX ListBoxes on an excel sheet and written the code to populate them upon opening the workbook. I've set the IntegralHeight = False, Font.Size = 11. It looks fine on my set up. I then email it over to someone who's using Excel 2007 on Windows 7 and its fine. However when I email it to someone who's using Excel 2007 on Windows XP the font size it smaller. If I go into the code on her machine and put Font.Size = 15 it looks about the same. I'm thinking I could fashion a work around with some logic based on Application.Operatingsystem and Application.Version but wondered if anyone had any other ideas before I go down the rather muddy road of implementing logic for every combination of operating system/excel version?
Thanks in advance.
Stewart

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
Random question, but have you checked it's using the same font on both systems? If you've explicitly chosen a font, is it available on both, or is it using a default system font which might be different?

Not sure if that helps.
Welcome to the board btw.

/AJ

Upvote 0
Hi AJ,
Thanks for the reply. I’ve got Font.Name = “Calibri” (which is the default in both Excel 2007 & 2010) and Font.FontStyle = “Regular” (again the default in both), just to try and take out the chance that they were causing the issue but they didn't make the difference.
Thanks for the welcome.
Stewart

Upvote 0
Hmm. Not sure I can offer any more great wisdom. Unless there's something hidden away in the Windows settings. Do the systems look similar generally? :(

/AJ

Upvote 0
The systems both have their 'out of the box' settings if that's what you mean by similar, AJ? I think your note around the windows settings is the right track. From what I've read when it comes to ActiveX controls and Windows XP, errors like this have been documented but generally unsolved.

Kyle, both resolutions are '1024 by 768'. I can't see it being the resolution as there are other parts of the form (e.g. In cell text, radio button labels etc) which are keeping their correct font size.

Just to give a bit more detail: I've tried things like forcing excel to zoom in then out again and changing the font up then down again. Both are work around's I'd read about for similar problems. These fixed issues with Excel 2007 on Windows 7 (as did simply setting IntegralHeight = False and Font.Size = 11). However they have not solved it for the Excel 2007 on Windows XP case.

Thanks both,
Stewart

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ah well worth a shot.

FWIW I don't use any ActiveX controls on worksheets, they never seem to play nicely. Worksheet Forms controls are much more stable and work more consistently

Upvote 0
Don't worry, thanks for trying.

Yeah, I realised that when I was to far into this project. Just a lesson learnt for next time.

Stewart

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rport

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back