Little Help required about VBA

abbas99

Hi Guys, I am new here and i wanted to know something about VBA. I was searching for a questions on internet about how to open multiple links from excel with single click. FOr example openining 10 links in new tabs in firefox or chrome using the VBA Code. I found my answer at MREXCEL. But I Don't know how to use the code and enable VBA. I have enable Developer mode in excel 2007 and now i can see a visual basic icon and when i click on it. it opens a new window with some blank space to put code. Can someone guide me with proper steps.
I have a sheet with 1000 links. I Don't want to open it one by one in Firefox.

Waiting for experts reply!!

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
Welcome to the forum, if you go into the VBA screen (Alt + F11) on the Keyboard) then click the Insert menu and select Module your code goes in the white Module sheet. On the left you should see 2 sections Project window and Properties in the Project window you will see the workbook sheet names and then a folder called Module and your module is there named Module 1. Your workbook will need to be saved as an Excel Macro Enabled Workbook (.xlsm). You might also have to check the security setting to enable macro's through the Office Button and Options at the bottom.

Upvote 0
Welcome to the forum, if you go into the VBA screen (Alt + F11) on the Keyboard) then click the Insert menu and select Module your code goes in the white Module sheet. On the left you should see 2 sections Project window and Properties in the Project window you will see the workbook sheet names and then a folder called Module and your module is there named Module 1. Your workbook will need to be saved as an Excel Macro Enabled Workbook (.xlsm). You might also have to check the security setting to enable macro's through the Office Button and Options at the bottom.

Thank you for reply. CAn you tell me step by step? I am unable to perform it accurately. This is totally a new thing for me and I am very confuse about it. I pressed alt+f11 and the VBA screen opened. But I cannot perform further steps. Can you type it all here step by step? How to save file as Excel macro enabled file? security checking how to? I just want to open at least 10 links at a time by selecting the cells and opening them in new tabs in chrome or firefox.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mwdbActuary

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back