Logging in to multi-factor authentication websites

uwlchemist

I would like to log in to a bank website that uses multi-factor authentication (where you click on buttons to enter a password). The problem is that if I enter my password into the input field it fails because there is a formula that transforms the password you enter into something else depending on the session. For example...if my password is 12345...I click on the buttons 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5, the input box (cannot be manually inputted) is populated with something like "gslif". This transformation is changed periodically. I do not know the field names of the buttons. Does anyone have any experience logging in to web sites that use this type of authentication?

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
Could you provide a link to such a website?

This is a new one on me - at first I thought you might be talking about 'captchas' but it sounds more like a keypad type thing, is that right?

If it is then I think it's going to be very hard, if at all possible, to automate logging in.

That's kind of the whole point of this sort of thing.:)

Upvote 0
I agree that probably is the point...but what the hey.

Anyway, ING Direct uses a system like this, as do a few other bank sites. Unfortunately, if you don't have an account number for any of these sites it is going to be a little difficult for you to see exactly what I am talking about. Anyway, just in case you want to become an ING customer so you can help me out...the website is

www.ingdirect.com

I can log in tot he first part no problem, it is the second stage that is giving me problems. Anyway, let me know if you think of anything.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back