LogIn User Form Code

Willmonbo

Board Regular
I am in need of a login user form that requires a username and password to use the file, the poor protection this method offers not withstanding, I found code that seems to work (the link is below) but the only problem i'm having with it is that even when the correct login information is entered I still get a warning message before it proceeds to complete the login, I'd greatly appreciate someone taking a look at the code and shed some light on this for me.

thanks in advance.

http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31194&highlight=password/user+attempt+count

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
I don't know if it's the cause of your problem, but you need And instead of Or here:

Rich (BB code):
If txtuser.Text <> "Peter Arnett" Or txtpassword.Text <> "Alison" Then

Upvote 0
Andrew, thanks for taking time to look at this, I do have my code saying "or", but I changed it to "and" and it didn't do anything different, so that's not really it, any other ideas?

my code comes directly from the attached excel file in that thread.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I should add that I figured out a go around but am still curious if there is simple way to avoid this, what I did is it has another sub routine with the following code (see below), this should prevent the user from canceling the user form with the top right corner "x" but I deleted the last line that had the msg since it was triggered even after being closed with the correct login information.

Private Sub UserForm_QueryClose(Cancel As Integer, CloseMode As Integer)
If CloseMode = 0 Then Cancel = True
End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ravioli44

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back