Looking for a tip/shortcut..

jrhodges

I am working with a number of (weekly) tabs within Excel and find myself going back through these tabs to look at information. So say I am looking at 'Bricks' (column B) which has a code of 025 (column A), is there a way of making all the tabs locate this cell without me have to scroll to the desired cell?

Cheers in advance.

Excel Facts

Excel Joke
Why can't spreadsheets drive cars? They crash too often!
I am working with a number of (weekly) tabs within Excel and find myself going back through these tabs to look at information. So say I am looking at 'Bricks' (column B) which has a code of 025 (column A), is there a way of making all the tabs locate this cell without me have to scroll to the desired cell?

Cheers in advance.

I'm not really sure what you are asking for, why dont you simply create a sheet that shows the consolidated weeks; or am I completely missing your point. Maybe you could post an example of your sheet.

Upvote 0
'Kirbster' - i realise i didnt make myself perfectly clear!

The sheet I am working with is quite a large sheet with a lot of products on it and this got passed on to me upon joining the workplace. Since then I have updated the sheet as you said 'create a sheet that shows the consolidated weeks' with a rolling formula accounting weekly usages etc. Unfortunately 2012 data has not been laid out in a way for me to work with and would be a waste of time trying to sort it (for a number of reasons i will not explain)...

So... Usually when I want to locate an item i hit 'ctrl + F' and punch in the item code to quickly locate the material (out of 500 items approx). This is no problem, BUT it would be nice if this function could find the desired cell in all the other tabs as well as the one i am in. I did try selecting the multiple tabs and then doing the usual 'Ctrl + F' command, but this did not work!

Upvote 0
If you click on the Options button in the Find box, you will find the dropdown Within: Sheet. Change this to Within: Workbook.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sktz

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back