Looking for help

VinceB

I am trying to figure out how to get a specific row in an excel spreadsheet to automatically be entered into another worksheet (in the same workbook) by using a specific condition.

My example is this:

I have a sheet named Master list - which has all the information. The fields in column G (District) would be the value that would automatically insert that particular row in the corresponding worksheet:

If the Districts are Northern, Southern, Western, etc...The row that has that particular District name would be inserted into the WOrsheets named Northern, Southern, Western, etc.

The master list would be the list that would be changed, but would reflect in the other worksheets.

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
I was hoping to do without using a Pivot table or Macros. I do think I found an older post that the solution is similar to what I want to do.

Upvote 0
I think I got it, I found an older post that is working beautifully.
That's good, but note that the link I provided above was also a suggestion without Pivot Table or Macros. ;)

Upvote 0
Is there any way I could have the checkboxes also be copied from the master sheet to the corresponding sheets?

Upvote 0
I also want to do this:

have the rows be a certain color when a specific column has a specific term - I can do it using conditional formatting, but I am limited to 3

Upvote 0
Is there any way I could have the checkboxes also be copied from the master sheet to the corresponding sheets?

I also want to do this:

have the rows be a certain color when a specific column has a specific term - I can do it using conditional formatting, but I am limited to 3

You should be able to do both of the above but you would have to relent on the following:

I was hoping to do without ... Macros.

Upvote 0
that was my thinking, I had a feeling macros would come into play. Also, I have upgraded to Excel 2007 (go figure) so I am more interested in getting the checkboxes copied than the colors

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppernaut

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back