Looking for spreadsheet to compare Medicare Health Plans

mjburke

01-12-2018

Greetings,

My question relates to my desire to use a spreadsheet to compare various Medicare health plans – and I thought this group might have some ideas.

Background.

I’ve gone to Medicare.gov to obtain information about available Medicare health plans – and I find the site helpful in that regard.
I have been able to navigate to a page that permits comparison of various Medicare health plans – with the option to compare up to three plans at a time.

I did, indeed, use the comparison tool for three Medicare health plans – and am happy to say the results were laid out in a table with rows and columns just as one would hope to find. I then looked for an option to export the table to an Excel sheet – but didn’t see/find an export button on that page.

I did find a link on a separate page within Medicare.gov permitting the download of information. However, I hesitated about using that download link as I thought it might download much more info than I want (read: would take too much space to download, and too much time to message the info to get it to show/format only the info I want to see).

I went back to the page with the table-formatted comparison results of the three Medicare health plans. I did try selecting the information from the table, and copied/pasted that information into an Excel spreadsheet – and yes, that could work for getting the information I need into an Excel sheet. But I was hoping for something a little less time consuming – particularly as there are about 60 different medicare health plans I eventually would like to get into a spreadsheet – and I if there is a quicker method, I’d like to use it.

Question.

So, I thought I would write to see if anyone has ideas on how I might get Medicare health plan information into a spreadsheet in a more efficient manner than my select/copy/paste method – or maybe there’s already such a spreadsheet out there somewhere?

Thank you.

mjburke

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back