Looking for tutoring help with calculating cpi and gst

Status
Not open for further replies.

robynl

Hi
Need tutoring or tips to help me calculate increasing an amount by 3.1% CPI and 10% GST over 3 years.
For the first year I have a starting amount of rent at 7300 which is required to be increased by 10% GST. I have calculated this to be 8030 - 7300*(1+0.10). No CPI is included in this first year.

For the second years rent using this amount of 8030 I need to add CPI of 3.1%. My thinking is 8030*(1+0.031) which equals 8278.93. Since GST was included in the amount of 8030 already I don't think I need to add GST for this year??

For the third year I have calculated the 8278.93 plus 3.1% - 8278.93* (1+0.031) =8535.58. Not sure if I need to add 10% GST to this amount.

Also need to calculate yearly rent total plus 10% GST - I have calculated that I should be multiplying monthly totals by 12. But I'm not sure how to multiply by 12 and then add the 10% GST.
Anyone that can give tips or tutoring - not looking for the answer as this is an assignment. I have been researching for ages but still stuck

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
Please do not post the same question multiple times. All clarifications, follow-ups, and bumps should be posted back to the original thread.
Per forum rules, posts of a duplicate nature will be locked or deleted (rule 12 here: Forum Rules).

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KMGLarson

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back