Lookup help - multiple ranges

gkerruish

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi there,

I am looking for a formula which can lookup the text in cell S7 and match this with the range of options in the range U3:U20. I would then need the formula to check the table range V3:AG20 for the cell which contains the percentage figure and then return the date in row 2 into cell T7.

I am effectively looking to return the month in which the rate increase kicks in, depending on which framework abbreviation is being referred to in cell S7.

I previously had this working using the following formula: =IFERROR(INDEX('Overall Assumptions (2)'!$W$2:$AH$2,MATCH(9.99999999999999E+307,INDEX('Overall Assumptions (2)'!$W$3:$AH$20,MATCH(S7,'Overall Assumptions (2)'!$V$3:$V$20,0),))),"")

However, this formula does not work if I am linking cells V3:AG20 to an underlying file with the same table (as the formula takes the cell links as values which it tries to calculate. There will only be one % uplift per framework at a time, so I was looking for a way around this, for the formula to only recognise numbers in the table.

1694696073752.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
What is the formula that links the sheets?

Upvote 0
What is the formula that links the sheets?
There was no formula linking the sheets - I had the underlying file open (which is exactly the same as the screenshot above) and just had cells W3:AH20 referencing the "master copy".

The background on this is because I have 21 models to update, so if I can get the assumptions tab in each model referencing one document, if I change a % value, it will update in each of the 21 models. However, when I done this, as each blank cell was returning 0%, it skewed the formula as it is currently searching for a cell with a number in it. I just can't work out how to get it to return the % value > 0 for each framework.

Hope this makes sense.

Thank you

Upvote 0
Ok, how about
Excel Formula:
=TAKE(SORTBY($W$2:$AH$2,FILTER($W$3:$AH$20,$V$3:$V$20=S7),-1),,1)

Upvote 1
Solution
Ok, how about
Excel Formula:
=TAKE(SORTBY($W$2:$AH$2,FILTER($W$3:$AH$20,$V$3:$V$20=S7),-1),,1)
My word.. I thought I was okay at Excel until now. Thank you for your time and solution - it works like a dream!

Upvote 0
You're welcome & thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back