Lookup on Merged Cells and Multiple Columns Below

Saacko

Office Version
  1. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
Hey everyone, I have struggling with this for days now...and my team is depending on me to figure this out soon.

I need help with doing some sort of lookup on data that is in different columns below a merged header cell. I need a specific cell to be chosen based on the name that I input. For example, I will want to see what the Cost Type on the freight cost row is for Mark just by entering in his name on a separate sheet. Or another example, I want to know what the Plug % is for Luke just by entering his name in the other sheet.

Here is my data all cleaned up for your convenience:
1706809854298.png

Here is my sheet that shows how I will need the data to be summarized at:
1706809964042.png

Please let me know if you can help me, I would be very appreciative of any advice you can give.

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
Welcome to the board,

please try to upload a portion of your work using the XL2BB add on listed below it will help oters help you without have to try and recreate your work from scratch

DR

Upvote 0
Maybe:

Book3
ABCDEFGHIJKLMN
1Player 1Player 2Player 3
2KeyUnitsMarkLukePaul
31 - Freight CostUnit PriceCost TypeTotal Cost per item11INCL12COST23PLUG3
5Plug $Plug %Total PricePlug $Plug %Total PricePlug $Plug %Total Price
6Plug $Plug %Total Price per player1.11.21.32.12.22.33.13.23.3
10PlayerCost TypeTotal Cost per itemPlug $Plug %Total Price per player
11MarkINCL11.11.21.3
12LukeCOST22.12.22.3
13PaulPLUG33.13.23.3
Sheet3
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
B11:F13B11=LET(t,OFFSET($F$2,1,MATCH($A11,$F$2:$L$2,0)-1,4,3),v,CONCAT(IF(B$10=$B$3:$D$6,t,"")),IFERROR(--v,v))

Upvote 1
Help with Lookup Sheet.xlsx
ABCDFHIJKLMNOP
1Project No.:Project No.:Project No.:Player 1Player 2Player 3
2 Project Name:KeyUnitsMarkLukePaul
31 - Freight CostUnit PriceCost TypeTotal Cost per item1$1.00INCL$ 1$2.00COST$ 2$3.00PLUG$ 3
4Plug $Plug %Total PricePlug $Plug %Total PricePlug $Plug %Total Price
5FreightPlug $Plug %Total Price per player$- $- $- $- $- $-
7PlayerCost TypeTotal Cost for itemPlug $Total Price per player
8Mark
9Luke
10Paul
Player Info

Upvote 0
Help with Lookup Sheet.xlsx
ABCDFHIJKLMNOP
1Project No.:Project No.:Project No.:Player 1Player 2Player 3
2 Project Name:KeyUnitsMarkLukePaul
31 - Freight CostUnit PriceCost TypeTotal Cost per item1$1.00INCL$ 1$2.00COST$ 2$3.00PLUG$ 3
4Plug $Plug %Total PricePlug $Plug %Total PricePlug $Plug %Total Price
5FreightPlug $Plug %Total Price per player$- $- $- $- $- $-
7PlayerCost TypeTotal Cost for itemPlug $Total Price per player
8Mark
9Luke
10Paul
Player Info
Here is the Excel Sheet my apologies I'm new here. I did have one additional thing to say: the 3 columns with Mark, Luke, Paul etc. need to be able to be cut and re-inserted in different orders and still not mess up the formula. Thanks everyone

Upvote 0
Maybe:

Book3
ABCDEFGHIJKLMN
1Player 1Player 2Player 3
2KeyUnitsMarkLukePaul
31 - Freight CostUnit PriceCost TypeTotal Cost per item11INCL12COST23PLUG3
5Plug $Plug %Total PricePlug $Plug %Total PricePlug $Plug %Total Price
6Plug $Plug %Total Price per player1.11.21.32.12.22.33.13.23.3
10PlayerCost TypeTotal Cost per itemPlug $Plug %Total Price per player
11MarkINCL11.11.21.3
12LukeCOST22.12.22.3
13PaulPLUG33.13.23.3
Sheet3
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
B11:F13B11=LET(t,OFFSET($F$2,1,MATCH($A11,$F$2:$L$2,0)-1,4,3),v,CONCAT(IF(B$10=$B$3:$D$6,t,"")),IFERROR(--v,v))
Hey Eric, thank you so much for trying to help me on this I really appreciate it. I had one request, otherwise I think this works great. I was wondering: Will these formulas still work if I cut and re-insert the 3 columns that comprise Mark, Luke, Paul etc? Say I wanted to cut the 3 columns of Paul and put them in front of Mark, would the formulas still work? I tried and got an error so I am wondering if you had a work around. Again, thank you for your kind help

Upvote 0
Welcome to the board,

please try to upload a portion of your work using the XL2BB add on listed below it will help oters help you without have to try and recreate your work from scratch

DR
Drrellik,

Thank you for letting me know, sorry I am new here. I got XL2BB downloaded, and you can find my data sheet below.

Upvote 0
Hey Eric, thank you so much for trying to help me on this I really appreciate it. I had one request, otherwise I think this works great. I was wondering: Will these formulas still work if I cut and re-insert the 3 columns that comprise Mark, Luke, Paul etc? Say I wanted to cut the 3 columns of Paul and put them in front of Mark, would the formulas still work? I tried and got an error so I am wondering if you had a work around. Again, thank you for your kind help
Try:

Excel Formula:
=LET(t,OFFSET($A$2,1,MATCH($A11,$2:$2,0)-1,4,3),v,CONCAT(IF(B$10=$B$3:$D$6,t,"")),IFERROR(--v,v))

Upvote 1
Solution
Try:

Excel Formula:
=LET(t,OFFSET($A$2,1,MATCH($A11,$2:$2,0)-1,4,3),v,CONCAT(IF(B$10=$B$3:$D$6,t,"")),IFERROR(--v,v))
Hi Eric, sorry for the late response, I've been playing around with this and it is working now for me on my actual data. Thank you for your help on this.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back