Macro for drop down menu based message box

aneshdas

Friends,

Good day to everyone !

I need a macro code for the following problem.

I have an excel sheet and on that I am using drop down menu in Cell U8 to U357 (Data Validation). In this work sheet, If I selected the value "A" from the drop down menu, I want to Display a message box with a message " Please enter the absent mode" and once the user clicked OK on the message box automatically the selection should go to its parallel "V" cell.

Eg: As soon as I selected "A" from drop down menu in cell U10, the " Please enter the absent mode" message should appear with an OK button and after clicking the OK the cursor should select the "V10" Cell where the absent mode has to enter. I will be more happy if only the "V10" cell is active and the user can do anything in other cells Only after entering any value in the "V10" cell.

Kindly help me with a macro for this and thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.
Hi Aneshdas,

Welcome to the forum. You have entered a request in the Excel Question section of the forum. Your post doesn't seem to be a question, more of a request for someone to write you a macro. Maybe I have misunderstood, or it could be a translation issue.

Do you have a question about Excel, or maybe you have written part of a macro that you can't seem to get working, and would like assistance on?

If however, you're not very fluent in the VBA language and no one on the site has provided you with a specific answer, I can highly recommend any of the visual basic books that are advertised on this site. They will certainly benefit you, not only for this query, but for many queries you may have in the future.

Should you have any additional questions, do not forget to post your code along with your question.

Best regard.

Upvote 0
Hi Aneshdas,

Welcome to the forum. You have entered a request in the Excel Question section of the forum. Your post doesn't seem to be a question, more of a request for someone to write you a macro. Maybe I have misunderstood, or it could be a translation issue.

Do you have a question about Excel, or maybe you have written part of a macro that you can't seem to get working, and would like assistance on?

If however, you're not very fluent in the VBA language and no one on the site has provided you with a specific answer, I can highly recommend any of the visual basic books that are advertised on this site. They will certainly benefit you, not only for this query, but for many queries you may have in the future.

Should you have any additional questions, do not forget to post your code along with your question.

Best regard.

I am extremely sorry for the confusion sir.

i am requesting for a macro for the above calculation.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sousanna Aristiadou

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back