Macro that will find a match and fill in next available spot.

BaileyJ

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi there,
Im very new to macros and Im not sure where to begin with what I want to make. I work in a warehouse and I have about 200 different employees that report to me who are all trained in different tasks. I have I have excel sheets of who is trained in what job function that i can reference. Right now we have a diagram that corresponds to the station which is manually filled in based on where we see there is an opening and what they say they are trained in. What I am trying to do is create something where you scan their badge ID into a search box, the macro will find what they are trained in based off the other sheets and then give you the options of what the next available stations they can go are based off their training in some sort of message box. I would like to thenselect the station I want the employee to go to and then the employees information will appear at that station on the diagram of all the stations we have. If the employee is trained in multiple tasks the cell with their name would change color.
I know that's a lot all at once but if anyone has some pointers of where to begin or how to approach this that would awesome!

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ahmad123098

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back