Macro to Cut Closed items (rows) from One Sheet and Paste into Another

koolgeex

I'm using 2003 (company computer :( ).

I need the macros to manipulate cells not entire rows So here's the algorithm: If a cell in Column K of the "Complete Backlog" spreadhseet is equal to "Closed" then cut cells A?:K? of the same row and paste into the next available row of the spreadsheet named "Closed Jobs".

[Single example: On "Complete Backlog" spreadhseet, if K2 = "Closed", cut A2:K2 and paste into A?:K? of "Closed Jobs" speadsheet in the same workbook.]

I have the following code, but it just completely deletes all of the content on one sheet for whatever reason. Not sure what I did or how I can fix it.

Code:
Sub refresh()
Dim MY_ROWS As Long
With Sheets("Complete Backlog")
For MY_ROWS = 1 To .Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
If .Range("M" & MY_ROWS).Value = "Close" Then
.Rows(MY_ROWS).Cut Destination:=Sheets("Closed Jobs").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1)
End If
Next MY_ROWS
On Error Resume Next
.Columns("M").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks).EntireRow.delete
End With
Application.CutCopyMode = False
End Sub

Excel Facts

Last used cell?
Press Ctrl+End to move to what Excel thinks is the last used cell.
Try

Code:
Sub refresh()
Dim LR As Long, i As Long
    LR = .Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
    For i = 1 To LR
        If .Range("K" & i).Value = "Closed" Then .Range("A" & i).Resize(, 11).Cut Destination:=Sheets("Closed Jobs").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1)
    Next i
    .Range("A1:A" & LR).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks).Resize(, 11).Delete shift:=xlShiftUp
End With
End Sub

Upvote 0
Thanks for the quick response! I received an Application-Defined or Object-Defined error (404). Then it highlighted this line in yellow:
Code:
.Range("A1:A" & LR).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks).Resize(, 11).delete shift:=xlShiftUp

Upvote 0
Try

Code:
Sub refresh()
    LR = .Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
    For i = 1 To LR
        If .Range("K" & i).Value = "Closed" Then .Range("A" & i).Resize(, 11).Cut Destination:=Sheets("Closed Jobs").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1)
    Next i
    .Range("A1:K" & LR).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks).Delete shift:=xlShiftUp
End With
End Sub

Upvote 0
Hm, looks like it is working slightly but it's only copying and deleting the first two rows of items marked "Closed". I'm not sure what's happening to the other items. It looks like they are deleted. Now that I'm looking more closely it seems like the contents of each row are being moved around - as in cells not staying adjacent to what they were originally put next to.

Did that make sense? Let me know how I can explain it better.

Upvote 0
Actually, it looks like it's working and it moves the correct cells. It doesn't seem to check values towards the end of my datasheet though. Something on Row 10 marked "Closed" is moved but something on Row 41 marked "Closed" is still there.

Upvote 0
Try

Code:
Sub refresh()
    LR = .Range("K" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
    For i = 1 To LR
    Next i
    .Range("A1:K" & LR).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks).Delete shift:=xlShiftUp
End With
End Sub

Upvote 0
Man, something weird is going on. I've tested it 3 times and each time row 30 is never copied over when it's marked as "Closed". All the other rows seem to copy over except on my last time, row 26 was marked "Closed" and did not copy over. Row 30 and row 26 were both deleted from the "Complete Backlog" sheet though. Suggestions?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grantrob

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back