Searching for data in column, if found Cut it paste on other sheet

Theglyde

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I want to search Column "b" for "98" and if found (could be multiples line) I want those lines to be cut and pasted in a new sheet called "Diesel Discount"
This is what I got so far. If it Highlighs the first End With as error...

VBA Code:
Sub Move_Diesel_Discount()
Dim LR As Long, i As Long
With Sheets("Discount Sheet")
LR = .Range("B" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
For i = 1 To LR
With .Range("B" & i)
If .Value = "98" Then
.EntireRow.Cut Destination:=Sheets("Diesel Discount").Range("A" & Row.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1)
End With
Next i
End With
End Sub

OK, I will try this one more time.

You have posted the line that is highlighted when the error occurs, but NOT the actual error message that pops up to the screen. I need that!

It looks something like this:
1696597564488.png

That message is important, as it gives us a clue as to what exactly is going on.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
Thank you.

OK, 2 things:

1. Which module did you put this code in? You should put it in a General module, and not one of the Sheet or Workbook modules.
If you follow steps 1-4 here, it will show you how to create a new General module in your workbook: Insert and run VBA macros in Excel - step-by-step guide

2. Let's add some error handling code to the VBA code that will tell us which row the error is occurring on. Copy/paste this VBA code and run it, and tell me what the message box that pops up says:
VBA Code:

On Error GoTo err_chk

LR = .Range("B" & .Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
        For i = 1 To LR
            With .Range("B" & i)
                If .Value = 98 Then
                    .EntireRow.Cut Destination:=Sheets("Diesel Discount").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1)
                End If
            End With
        Next i
    End With

On Error GoTo 0
    Exit Sub

'Error handling code
err_chk:
    If Err.Number = 9 Then
        MsgBox "The value of i when error occurs is: " & i
    Else
        MsgBox Err.Number & ":" & Err.Description
    End If

End Sub

Upvote 0
I will verify this after but yes it is in general, I ran a quick test and here is what I did and maybe it can help you help me like you said.

When I start at the bottom I have Paste Sheet Here and Macro button Sheet
when I run my macro it creates a sheet called Discount sheet on its own which is where the Macro we are doing is taking data from. IT should take data and copy to Diesel Discount that does not exist yet.

My test is that I created a sheet called Diesel discount before running the macro and it worked.

My question is how do I get it to create the sheet Diesel Discount automatically before trying to paste the info to if. Hopefully this makes sense

1.png

2.png

3.png

Upvote 0
when I run my macro it creates a sheet called Discount sheet on its own which is where the Macro we are doing is taking data from. IT should take data and copy to Diesel Discount that does not exist yet.
Well, that is a very critical detail to know! Of course you will get an error if the sheet does not exist at the time when the code is run!

I am a little confused by your explanation. There is nothing in the original code you posted that is creating any sheets.
So how/when exactly is this sheet being created?
If it is being created by other VBA code, please post that code (being sure to let us know exactly how & when that code is run).

Upvote 0
Well, that is a very critical detail to know! Of course you will get an error if the sheet does not exist at the time when the code is run!

I am a little confused by your explanation. There is nothing in the original code you posted that is creating any sheets.
So how/when exactly is this sheet being created?
If it is being created by other VBA code, please post that code (being sure to let us know exactly how & when that code is run).
that is the code I am missing, how would I add this that if there is a 98 in column B to create the sheet Diesel Discount and then copy the rows in it. That code I do not see how to incorporate it in here. Sorry again for the confusion

Upvote 0
OK, note the section in red that I added in:
Rich (BB code):

LR = .Range("B" & .Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
        For i = 1 To LR
            With .Range("B" & i)
                If .Value = 98 Then
'                   Check to see if sheet exists
                    If Evaluate("ISREF('Diesel Discount'!A1)") = False Then
'                       If not, add it
                        Worksheets.Add.Name = "Diesel Discount"
                    End If
'                   Copy row to other sheet
                    .EntireRow.Cut Destination:=Sheets("Diesel Discount").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1)
                End If
            End With
        Next i
    End With

End Sub

Upvote 0
Solution
OMG THANK YOU it finally works and totally my bad if I was not clear as I said my brain as not been working as usual this week.

Again THANK YOU!!!!

It is totally appreciated

Upvote 0
You are welcome.
Glad we were able to get it all sorted out.

Upvote 1
Question regarding this code, if instead of looking for the value 98 specifically I wanted to search for anything between 510000 & 510010 and transfer those rows, how would I go about to doing so
how would I search all in one shot?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back