Macro to Open Edit Links Pop Up - Building single drive workflows (some peeps using 6 different drives)

lifecraftmedia

I would like a macro to open the edit links Pop-up screen, and require the file user to close it.

Trying to record the macro, the code generator creates a code that causes the pop-up to close. I want it to stay open so file users have to see the links pop-up, and recognize when they have files that are getting crazy - I was working in and excel file yesterday that accessed 6 different physical drives - ah...

Simple idea, open the pop-up, and then what I would like to do with it, is place it in my staff's personal macro workbook, to be run when any excel file with links opens (at least until we get down to two active physical drives, or even one! (These are backed up servers, but why use six?)

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
How about this?

Code:
Application.Dialogs(xlDialogOpenLinks).Show

Welcome to the site!

Jeff

Upvote 0
If you want it to open when the user opens the workbook, you'll need to add this sub:

Code:
Private Sub Workbook_Open()  
   [COLOR=#574123]Application.Dialogs(xlDialogOpenLinks).Show[/COLOR]

End Sub

This gos into the "ThisWorkBook" section

Upvote 0
Thanks Jeffery - got it! Working on an error routine so I can put it in a xlsm template (tested in a file without links, it goes to debug error popup).

I spend many years developing desktop workflows as a corporate accountant type - mostly analytical until 8 years ago when I was moved into a VP management position - and for eight years I have not been active in the automation end of Excel - a bit perhaps, but not like in the ODCB extract, process, output to the next system days - I started with Supercalc, then Lotus 123, 1.2 on a IBM 8086, serial number 000093, and my favorite old keyboard macros...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Afua

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back