macros - help needed

JT1

Hi, I am trying to record a simple macro ... a simple repetitive task (moving and removing cells) which I would like to be applied over a whole spreadsheet. So I record several repetitive steps of the macro and then I try to run the macro in the actual spreadsheet. The result is that the macro repeats only the couple of steps that I have recorded.

How do I apply the macro over the whole spreadsheet??? Can you help please?

Thanks JT

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
If you record a macro, and then run that macro Excel will perform exactly the same operations as when you recorded.

If you want to macro to run more times, for to keep running itself over multiple sheets or cells then you need to go in and edit the macro.

You'll need to be more specific about what you want to acheive for anyone to be able to help.

Upvote 0
Hi and thanks.

I have addresses in column A ... all addresses are spread over 7 rows ... name A1, street A2, etc. (all data in column A)

Now I need to bring the spreadsheet to a format, where all addresses will be in 7 rows - names row 1, streets row 2, etc.; address one in column A, address two in column B etc.

Do you know what I mean?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ahmad123098

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back