Macros stopped working after update from 2010 to 2016

s_himself

Hello.

I have been trying to google around for a solution for my problem but without any luck.

Reacently we had an upgrade on our office package at my work. We went from Office 2010 to Office 2016. What seems to happen is that some of my macro functions wont work anymore, for example I have a button that will sort chart data in ascending order and after the update it wont work.

If I go into debug mode and pushes F8 to see whats wrong, it gives me "Run-time error 1004: Sort method of Range class failed"
The coursor stops at DataOption1:=xlSortNormal. But it worked like a charm before the update to 2016...

Also is I compile the project it tells me that another function aint defined (or something similar)

Whole Excel seems slow and I have also observed that Application.screenupdate and .calculation aint working no more either.

I run Office 2016 x86 on Windows 7 64-bit.

I have checked trustcentrer and active x-settings. I have also looked into Tools/References... There is no references missing..

So I am totaly blanked right now, and I have like 7 documents thats has macrofunctions that wont work/run. :mad:

I really wish someone can help me.

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
Seeing as you have 7 macros not working did you change from Excel 2010 32bit to Excel 2016 64bit?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rosie14

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back