Macros Suddenly Not Working

Realtreegirl75

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I developed a form for my program that is being used daily by about 30 people. One of the guys called me this morning with this:

- He was using the form, no problem.
- He took a week off (no using the form). I sent out an updated copy of the form last Friday.
- He is back at work today with the updated copy and none of the macros will work.
- I had him right click on the document, >Properties>General but there is no "unblock macros" option.
- I had him go into the Trust Center Settings and make sure all macros were enabled (they were).
- I had him open the last form he filled out and try the macros in there and they are also not working!

Please help! I'm out of ideas and Google hasn't been as much help as I had hoped!

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
What's not working means? Errors? Are macros still in file?

Upvote 0
I believe the macros are still in the file (I opened the copy I sent out last Friday to be sure, and they are definitely saved to the workbook and not my personal stuff). But this is the error that pops up:

IMG_9727.jpg

Upvote 0
Go into file properties and check. Maybe macros have to be Unblock?
Capture.JPG

Tick checkbox next to Unblock and then click Apply.
If macros still there, should go available to run. If not, on excel press Alt+F11, it will open VBA editor and check that macros exists.

Upvote 0
We had already done those steps...as a last ditch effort, I had him restart his computer abs everything worked fine after that! The old "turn it off and back on again" lol

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickWBA

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back