Making a custom map in excel 07?

mroser

I've been trying to create a map for work of trailer locations. I work for a company that sells camper trailers. We have some 600+ trailers on the site. I have a spreadsheet depicting all of the info on the trailers (VIN, weight, # of axles, etc) what I wanted to do was create a map in excel that would allow the user to find the trailer on the map click on that trailer and see the specific info for that trailer. I've made a small model using the rectangle shape and putting the last few digits of the VIN as text in the rectangle, then creating a hyperlink so that when that rectangle is clicked on it will take you to that trailers VIN in the spreadsheet (Ideally, I would have liked to highlight the entire row of that trailers information but the =row(reference) formula would not work for the hyperlink).
The problem that lies with this method is that these trailers are being moved around constantly. What I wanted to know is if there is a way to make a user input that would allow me to move the trailers by inputing the trailers ID and the trailers ID is has been moved in front of so as to update the map when the trailers are moved around. If there is any literature or tips anyone can provide I would be extremely grateful. Thank you very much.

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sebas8956

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back