Matching data from two sheets (two data sources)

asajnani

Hi there,
I'm comparing data from two different sources and need an efficient way to do it. I have one Excel workbook with two sheets - RAS EpSelect 0101-0106 and RAS HCP 0101-0106. Both worksheets have mostly the same data but is distributed over different columns.

The data I'm using has patient information and each patient has a unique ID (this is in both sheets). What I'd like to do is to check if the ID in cell A2 of RAS EpSelect 0101-0106 matches and ID in column T of RAS HCP 0101-0106 then look at whether cell P2 of RAS EpSelect 0101-0106 matches the correlating cell in column DG of RAS HCP 0101-0106.

Both IDs need to match and both figures in cell P2 and cell DG(number?) also need to match. I've tried this:

=IF(AND('RAS EpSelect 0101-0106'!A2='RAS HCP 0101-0106'!T:T,'RAS EpSelect 0101-0106'!P2='RAS HCP 0101-0106'!DG:DG), "No", "Yes")

I think it works but not sure if it's returning a "Yes" because it's an exact match or because it's found the same value somewhere in the column.

Ideally, I'd like to use this as a conditional format (highlight the cell if doesn't match the cell in the other cells) because I have many cells to apply this to but happy to just insert a column.

Thanks for your help!!!

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
Hi,

Try this

=Match('RAS EpSelect 0101-0106'!A2,'RAS HCP 0101-0106'!T:T,0)=MATCH('RAS EpSelect 0101-0106'!P2,'RAS HCP 0101-0106'!DG:DG,0)

This will return TRUE if both parts of an exact match are found and are both on the same row.

Is this what you need?

Regards,
Chris

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBFrieds

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back