Merging two columns if blank

HHML1

Hi, I've searched high and low for how to do this but I can't find anything. Apologies if this is simple/answered many times!

Basically I have multiple columns and the data is a bit messy.

What I need to do is shift all my data so that it fills up from the furthest most column.

I've tried to illustrate what I need to do here - the yellows represent blank cells.
The top set of data is what my sheet currently looks like.

The bottom one is what I need to do - hopefully you can see how everything has moved over and filled up the blanks:

xTvo4

fRugkfj.png

Any ideas of how I can do this?

Thank you!

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
There aren't any images posted to your thread.

You cannot upload files to this site. But there are tools you can use to post screen images. They are listed in Section B of this link here: http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/board-a...forum-use.html.
Also, there is a Test Here forum on this board that you can use to test out these tools to make sure they are working correctly before using them in your question.

If you are simply hoping to remove all blank columns, and shift everything to the right to fill in the gaps, that is pretty easy. Just do the following:
- Select the entire range you want to apply this to
- Press the F5 key
- Click "Special"
- Select the "Blanks" radio button and click "OK"
- Right-click on any of the selected blank cells and select "Delete"
- Choose the "Shift cells left" radio button and click "OK"

That should do it!

Upvote 0
There aren't any images posted to your thread.

You cannot upload files to this site. But there are tools you can use to post screen images. They are listed in Section B of this link here: http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/board-a...forum-use.html.
Also, there is a Test Here forum on this board that you can use to test out these tools to make sure they are working correctly before using them in your question.

If you are simply hoping to remove all blank columns, and shift everything to the right to fill in the gaps, that is pretty easy. Just do the following:
- Select the entire range you want to apply this to
- Press the F5 key
- Click "Special"
- Select the "Blanks" radio button and click "OK"
- Right-click on any of the selected blank cells and select "Delete"
- Choose the "Shift cells left" radio button and click "OK"

That should do it!

That's really weird.

I'm a moderator on another vBulletin forum exactly like this so I know exactly how to embed images. I can see my embedded image fine.
I can also see my image when I look in incognito mode so all guests should be able to see it as well.

Weird.

I'll try that but because of the complexity of the spreadsheet I'm working on I don't think deleting anything is an option.
Thanks anyway.
----------

fRugkfj.png

I've tried again just using the img tags rather than the image tool. Can you see it now?

Upvote 0
No, still cannot see anything. Note that vBulletin boards have different setting options, so they are not all configured the same.
The tools mentioned in the links will allow you to post images for us to see.
Some people will upload a file to a file loading site and share the link. However, many people are unable or unwilling to download files from the internet for security reasons (I, myself, cannot from my work computer but can from my home computer - though I am at work most of my waking hours!).

What I need to do is shift all my data so that it fills up from the furthest most column.
From this line, I was under the impression that maybe you wanted to remove all blank cells by shifting the data to the left to fill it in. Maybe I misinterpretted that.
I am sure your image probably makes it obvious as to what you are trying to do (too bad I cannot see it!).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smckenzie2016

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back