money/date calculation

anathemayou

Can anybody help me with this formula for subtracting date/money?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

It seems easy but it’s a mind cruncher!!!
<o:p></o:p>
A1 - 64.0$ (expenses per day,number is changing its not constant) <o:p></o:p>
A2 - =NOW() (shows current date and year in spreadsheet)
A3 - 9000$ (amount of money on account)
A4 - ??????? ( here I need to show me the actual date when will I run out of money)
I am trying to get process information when will I run out of money (that 9000) .
and to show it in cell A4.<o:p></o:p>

There does not seem to be a direct function to carry this operation out.

Any ideas/suggestions would be most welcome

Im loosing my mind here with this

Thank You<o:p></o:p>

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
Surely it 9000/A1, which rounds to 140.6 then add that to your starting date. If date is 3/11/2010 then add 140.6 to that. You will need to hard code your starting date though, the Now function is a volatile function that will change everytime your sheet is open or updated.

Upvote 0
Here is additional clarification

A1 - 64.0$ (expenses per day,number is changing its not constant) <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
A2 - =NOW() (shows current date and year in spreadsheet also can not be constant )
A3 - 9000$ (amount of money on account is never constant )
A4 - ??????? ( need actual date when will I run out of money also is going to be variable 'cause all above are as'well)

like i said, its a mind cruncher ...

help !!!

Upvote 0
Sorry but I don't understand.

=A2+(A3/A1) means that it adds any date in cell A2 to any amount of money divided by any expenses value.

If you put £9000 in cell A1, and have today's date in cell A2, the result would be "06/11/2010" - meaning you will run out in 1 day.

If you put £4500 in cell A1, and have today's date in cell A2, the result would be "07/11/2010" - meaning you will run out in 2 days.... etc..

Upvote 0
If you use the now function you will never be decreasing. You either need a hard coded start or end date. A1/A3 will give you an absolute number of days dividing your pot by daily expenses. It equates to 140.6 days. You only need to add that to your start date. I'd use Today as opposed to Now, because that includes a time element that will change constantly

Upvote 0
whats the difference betwen =NOW and = TODAY
??

I've just imputed **JamesW** formula again and (now?!) it works - or it looks like it works !!!

you are very smart ... if i shown you what kind of operation i did and emulate from the web to get this .... you guys would crack up..:LOL::ROFLMAO:

THANK YOU !!!! :pray:

Upvote 0
The difference between Today & Now is today is the date only, and Now includes the time. =now() will return 5/11/2010 12:43 where today will return date only. If you put =now in a cell on its own, tap F9 and youll see it changes every time you repeat that. The time parts not required for what your doing

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sousanna Aristiadou

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back