Monthly Top 5 Pivot Table

bmacdonald

Greetings,

I am new to the forum so please pardon me if a thread like this already exists. I'm tight on time so I haven't searched very hard to find the answer to my question.

I'm working on a monthly top 5 product chart for a project that is based on a monthly excel sheet of data. I have a line chart based on a pivot table that is grabbing data from a table on another sheet containing the data from the monthly sheet of data I get. (I add data each month) The pivot table is used to filter the data by month and by company division. I did an experiment where I had the first two month period have the same top 5 products, then I put in more data to make a new product part of the top five for the third month. So now I have a column that has the month the data is from and then columns for all of the top five products with count totals below them. What I want to have is a smart pivot table that will add a column for when the top 5 changes and there's a new product in the top 5. That way my data for previous months can stay the same, but the data for future months can change.

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lachbee

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back