ms access orgcharts

dshafique

Board Regular
Hi, im fairly new to ms access, and im working with org charts for this project. I wanted to know if there is a way to extract the data from an org chart and store it into a database or vice versa? I saw some ways using visio, unfortunately i dont have access to that. any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple
If not a Word, Excel or Visio file, the only other application I'm aware of that could work is Adobe PDF writer (not Acrobat, the pdf reader). Based on other forum threads I've read, it seems pdf form fields can be read by or written to by Access.

Upvote 0
oh ok, thanks yeah it seems the org chart is a pdf file, but i believe was made in visio. is there maybe a way to export the chart to excel, and then to visio?

Upvote 0
oh ok, thanks yeah it seems the org chart is a pdf file, but i believe was made in visio.
Then it is highly likely that the chart is an image. Don't confuse pdf that you view in Acrobat Reader with a pdf form. To create a pdf document that can interact with other applications, you need Adobe (or whatever the pdf creator app is called) not Acrobat Reader. It's easy to move what you seem to have (an image of the chart in a pdf read only file) to any other app but it would behave like any other image you dumped into those apps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sebas8956

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back