MS query - coloured shape to indicate end of query range

Deirdre784

Hi, anyone know how to remove (or not have in the first place) the little shape that appears in the bottom right cell of a query range result? Looks like 3 building blocks making a triangle. I'm quite used to it, and use MS queries a lot, but my bosses aren't keen on the shape :( Had hoped to add an image but don't seem to be able to.

Any help much appreciated.

Deirdre

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
In the query result window, bottom right corner of the bottom right cell (final col and row). Not the green triangle on top left of cells showing number format error.

Upvote 0
quFi1YJ.png

I don't see one in mine (nor the Excel output). If you want to send me a sample file I can test some ideas.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your reply. What happens when you return the data to excel though? That’s where i get the blocks. Will try and send a picture shortly (I couldn’t work out how to fo it yesterday).

Upvote 0
Seems I can't attach images. As I'm on a work computer I won't be allowed to download any of the add-ins to enable me to attach a file, and we don't use dropbox or google docs...... I'll try and replicate something at home and try again.

Upvote 0
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AkR-1MiS5tKMgdNQjcDA4RYIZLmldg

Finally managed to save 2 small clips via onedrive (link above). Not the same table, but I've zoomed in on the shape in case that helps.

I would also like to force the table to return a '.' (an entry we use for 'not applicable') where no data is found. Is that possible?

Many thanks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VerifiedBleachersAttendee

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back