Multiple checkbox inside a cell

ChrissyJ4

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi

I am trying to create a checkbox for multiple lines inside a cell.
Essentialy a to-do list.
Im using a calendar to visually list tasks for each day based on what work day it is for and end of month task list.

Currently I have inserted a special character in my text (which services as a place marker that shows on the vlookup cell result see "text view" image) from where my vlookup references from.

After this I place a radio button on each line manually in the vlookup cell in the calendar's face and have to set alignment each manually.
This is a repetitive task but each time the timing of task is different so the list varies. It's tedious to reset each month.

Is there a way I can replace the special character in my text with a radio button? so that it automatically aligns each time?
Or achieve the same result a different way?
or if there a ready built excel template someone know about that achieves something similar?

My macro skills are very basic.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Attachments

• text view.png
    text view.png
    56.8 KB · Views: 16
  • Vlookup cell view.png
    Vlookup cell view.png
    57 KB · Views: 15

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
Do all the lines have to be in once cell? Can you modify your design to have one line per cell?

It might be possible but rather difficult to insert option buttons that would align to the lines of text.

This kind of thing is done more easily in apps designed for tasks and calendars, like Outlook. Have you considered doing this in a different app?

Upvote 0
Do all the lines have to be in once cell? Can you modify your design to have one line per cell?

It might be possible but rather difficult to insert option buttons that would align to the lines of text.

This kind of thing is done more easily in apps designed for tasks and calendars, like Outlook. Have you considered doing this in a different app?
The number of text lines changes each month but it is possible to split each lines out but would have to reformulate each month each day every time its rolls over. :(
The only available apps to me have either have no automation of the tasks per day (ie one note) or cannot be viewed holistically (eg. gantt chart or calendar like outlook) . What apps do you suggest where team collaboration can still occurr? I have used Wrike before but that is just not an option at my current workplace as they have their own project managed app but sadly the one they use isnt visually helpful.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back