multiple conditions for IF statement in a table, can Excel handle this kind of processing?

Neo4u

Hello All,

I am having another problem, I have the following situation.. I want to assign a value from a Table where the specific condition is given in the table itself.

35kpcns.png

the problem here is i got multiple conditions before he can assign the right value and the problem is the list is for about 200 entries i want to assign a score to. And i want to use about 37 criteria's like so to do this manually it will take a tremendous time and this must be anti-excel way of working!!
0<x< 10 then assign A
10<x<20 then assign B
etc etc..
Thank you.

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
Your table should be like

0 to 9 -A

and not

0- 10 - A

Because if i get score 10, grade would be B and not A.

Correct me if i am wrong ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Given a table like in D:F:
Level-1Level-2Score
0A 09A
3A 1019B
19B 2029C
21C 3039D
12B 4049E
70H 5059F
75H 6069G
10B 7079H
8089I
9099J
110119L
120129M
130139N
140149O
150159P
160169Q
170179R
180189S
190199T
200209U
210219V
220229W
230239X
240249Y
250259Z

<colgroup><col style="width: 48pt;" span="6" width="64"> <tbody>
</tbody>

B2, copy down:

Either...

=LOOKUP(A2,$D$2:$D$27,$F$2:$F$27)

Or...

=VLOOKUP(A2,$D$2:$F$27,3,1)

Upvote 0
no , you are right, but i think you can correct it with the following mathematical operation:

x <x<=10
greater than <x<=20
0 or less or equal to 10 then assign A
<x<=z
x greater than 10 or less or equal to 20 then Assign B
etc..
etc..
(he doesn't DISPLAY the greater than or less than simple that is why i am writing it fully out)

But that is not the real problem, i can work around that or adjust that , but my main point is how can you make a filter or a lookup that can handle such multiple criteria.. because i am not planning to put all the criteria 37 by hand, if you understand what i mean..</x<=z
</x<=20
</x<=10

Last edited:
Upvote 0
no , you are right, but i think you can correct it with the following mathematical operation:

x <x<=10
greater than <x<=20
0 or less or equal to 10 then assign A
<x<=z
x greater than 10 or less or equal to 20 then Assign B
etc..
etc..
(he doesn't DISPLAY the greater than or less than simple that is why i am writing it fully out)

But that is not the real problem, i can work around that or adjust that , but my main point is how can you make a filter or a lookup that can handle such multiple criteria.. because i am not planning to put all the criteria 37 by hand, if you understand what i mean..</x<=z

See Post #3...</x<=20
</x<=10

Upvote 0
oke here is the real file, maybe this will help to better understand, i just tried your solution but i am not sure if that worked for me, see example here below.

2wlsot1.png

oke the meaning is that if member hhhh is level so he can use a AK-47 otherwise the best other weapon he can use is from level from level 5 Tommy gun.
member rich is level 15 he should use the stick grenade (level 14) he cannot use the level 17 RPG-7 and nor the chaingun (level 12).
So i want to assign the highest possible weapon Item corresponding to his level :D
oke i hope you get the clue what i want to achieve..

Upvote 0
have I missed something here, or can the following be used without need to use LOOKUPS of any type

=CHAR(64+(INT(A1/10)+1))

and copied down

Upvote 0
have I missed something here, or can the following be used without need to use LOOKUPS of any type

=CHAR(64+(INT(A1/10)+1))

and copied down

Well actually, for this forum i took a simple example with assigning value A,B,C etc.. but in reality it is a string of text i want to assign, sorry if it is confusing..see post 6

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sravya

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back