VBA Macro assigning process

maires

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello everybody,
I´m quite desperate and need some help with writing a macro in VBA or doing it in plain excel.
I´ll try to explain as simply as I can.
I am trying to write a macro that will assign each employee to each given process (task - there are 10 tasks).
There are a couple of conditions:
1) Priority level based on 0-5. 0 means the employee does not have a training for that process and cannot be therefor assigned to it. 1 means he can do it, but is not very productive at it and 5 being he is very productive at that process.
It could perhaps assign the employees to the process based on a given average (manually inputted), for example average of 4 for process "X".
2) there needs to be a rule where for 2 employees on process X, has to be therefor 1 employee on process Y.
3) Ideally (not a must) it should also cycle the employees, meaning that one employee should not be assigned to any given process for a longer period of time than 4 days for example.

Now, the macro, should know how many employees should be on each process based on a formula that I have in the database (X needed, G needed, etc.)
I´m attaching a file of the quick and basic database that I created.
The macro will also know how many employees there are and how strong they are on each given process because of the database (column employee ID)

So my question I guess is, what would be the best way to do it - either in excel or in VBA?
Thank you very much for your help

Attachments

• Database PROCESS.png
    Database PROCESS.png
    30.3 KB · Views: 22

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back