Multiple criteria with horizontal table

LUCKHUN

Dear friends . Im the HOD in a college having given the task of preparing an invigilation scheme for the forthcoming exams. i prepared a sheet and in cells A1 to A12 I insert the time. 8.15 - 9.00, 9.00-9.35,.. representing the invigilation schedule for each teacher. now in cells B1 to B7 I insert the classes as venue. ROOM 1 ROOM 2 ...ETC. IT becomes now a table where a teacher can find his name and the time and venue to invigilate. up to here its good. i now prepared in cell which has a drop down of a list of teachers. as one teacher name is selected i use this formula down the name
=IFERROR(INDEX($V$292:$V$303,SMALL(IF($B$584=$X$292:$AA$303,ROW($V$292:$V$303)-ROW($V$292)+1),ROW(1:1))),"")
this is an array formula which when i press cont shift enter it gives me the time the teacher will invigilate. superb up to here.

my problem starts here i want to make another cell next to it to bring now the venue. but the VENUE IN MY TABLE IN IN HORIZONTAL FORMAT AND THE FORMULA DONT WORK HERE.
PLEASE HELP.

END RESULT SHOULD BE IN ONE CELL THE TIME APPEARS AND NEXT TO IT THE VENUE.

THE TABLE GIVEN ABOVE IS ONLY FOR THS EXPLANATION ELSE ITS MUCH BIGGER AND LARGER

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
In simple i want the formula to index the room row using the teacher selected and the return the room next to the cell where exactly i indexed the time.
Problem is only with the formula nt working indexing the cells in horizontal format.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
texmansru47

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back