Multiple Embedded SUMPRODUCT Error

RBenny

Hello friendly people,

I've racked my brain on a formula with no luck. I've read a few other posts focused on COUNTIF and tried to change my results to 1 & 0 by using "--". Still, I get a #VALUE or #N/A error.

I would like to make a sum of data in a large array based on multiple criteria. I have 3 columns that make up my criteria, then a row that makes up another set of criteria and then the array of data to evaluate based on the results of my column and row checks (should result in 1 or 0).

Row 12 (Header Names)Column CColumn DColumn FColumns IR: Column MHColumns IR: Column MH
Criteria 1 (Text)Criteria 2 (Text)Criteria 3 (Text)Criteria 4 (Text) Sum array (Rows 13:269)

<tbody>
</tbody>

I've tried two iterations, where Columns R & S I've listed the test criteria in cells.

1. =SUMPRODUCT(--('Balance Sheet_Property SS'!$D$13:$D$269=$R$18)*--('Balance Sheet_Property SS'!$C$13:$C$269=$R$19)*--('Balance Sheet_Property SS'!$F$13:$F$269=$R$20)*(('Balance Sheet_Property SS'!$IR$12:$MH$12=$S$18)*1+('Balance Sheet_Property SS'!$IR$12:$MH$12=$S$19)*1+('Balance Sheet_Property SS'!$IR$12:$MH$12=$S$20)*1),('Balance Sheet_Property SS'!$IR$13:$MH$269))

This produces a #VALUE result.

2. =SUMPRODUCT(--('Balance Sheet_Property SS'!$D$13:$D$269=$R$18)*--('Balance Sheet_Property SS'!$C$13:$C$269=$R$19)*--('Balance Sheet_Property SS'!$F$13:$F$269=$R$20)*--('Balance Sheet_Property SS'!$IR$12:$MH$12=$S$18:$S$20),('Balance Sheet_Property SS'!$IR$13:$MH$269))

This produces an #N/A result.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.
Whats the aim of this bit?

(('Balance Sheet_Property SS'!$IR$12:$MH$12=$S$18)*1+('Balance Sheet_Property SS'!$IR$12:$MH$12=$S$19)*1+('Balance Sheet_Property SS'!$IR$12:$MH$12=$S$20)*1)

Is that meant to be an 'or'?

Upvote 0
Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT(('Balance Sheet_Property SS'!$D$13:$D$269=$R$18)*('Balance Sheet_Property SS'!$C$13:$C$269=$R$19)*('Balance Sheet_Property SS'!$F$13:$F$269=$R$20)*(('Balance Sheet_Property SS'!$IR$12:$MH$12=$S$18)+('Balance Sheet_Property SS'!$IR$12:$MH$12=$S$19)+('Balance Sheet_Property SS'!$IR$12:$MH$12=$S$20)>0)*'Balance Sheet_Property SS'!$IR$13:$MH$269)

Upvote 0
Hi Steve,

No change to the outcome. Is there anything else I can provide to support investigation?

Upvote 0
Hi,

Your first formula is syntactically sound. Are there any errors in any of the cells being referenced within that formula?

You can use CTRL+G and then Special/Formulas/Errors if you weren't aware.

Regards

Upvote 0
I'll presume if no errors then there is text that can't be coerced into number somewhere within the sum range.

Upvote 0
In the first formula posted there is no requirement for text to be coerced to number. The arguments are all Boolean expressions apart from the final one, which is not being coerced.

Without seeing an actual workbook, I'm not sure what else I can suggest that might be causing the error: the first formula looks perfectly good to me.

Regards

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingiloum

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back