My formulas/codes not working after I close and reopen the file.

sbrazil

Hi,
I am putting a formula/code into my excel page. It is working fine. But when I save it, close it, and reopen it, it does not work.

Originally it was asking me to save it as a Macro-enable workbook, which I did. So it is already a Macro-enable booklet.

Any explanations for this?

How can I fix this problem?

Happy to email it to anybody so you can see it.

I simply want the zooming in code put in. so It automatically zooms in for me when i click on certain parts of the page.

Looing forward to hearing you expert opinions on this.

Thankyou,
Scott

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
Hi, I got your response thankyou, but when I do as you said it would not show the Security - Medium.

I went into the code area, clicked on tools, Macro, but that was it, no other option to do the rest.

Can I email it to you so you can see it? It is just a small file.

Thanks,
Scott

Upvote 0
select "Tool--->Macro--->Security --->Medium"

Save workbook and close and then reopen

Hi, it did not seem to work. i went to the code area, tools, macro, but that was it, no other options. Can Iplease email it to you for you expert opinion on this. i would really appreciate it.

Thankyou,
Scott

Upvote 0
Hi, thanks again for replying, but I don't have a "tool" tab on my excel screen. Any other solutions?

thanks,
Scott

Upvote 0
Wow that worked a treat. Amazing how easy it is when you simply know which buttons to press.

thanks for that.

You may also be able to help me with another litte thing. I want to install a code which will enable me to widen the data validation dropdown menu temporarily. I want it so it widens when i click on the dropdown menu, but then goes back to it's normal size once i click elsewhere.

I also want it to work with the other code i already have, which is a zooming in code. so do ineed to have two seperate codes - can this work, or do i need one code which does two things?

So ideally one code which zooms in and opens a dropdown menu wider than the column is, would be perfect. Is this possible?

I would be very, very impressed if this is so.

thanks,
speak again soon,
Scott

Upvote 0
Please next question in new new thread !!!!!!!!!!

PLease start a new thread.. so that other also can see your question.....

Upvote 0
Oh sorry, I thought you were an expert in excel and could help me. I put it on for others to see. Maybe someone with real expert experience could help me.

I thought you would/should know how to crack this code for me.

Thanks for your help,
Scott

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bybynhoc

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back