Named Dynamic Range Excel 97

Menessis2

I have a bunch of data that will keep changing. Each named range is arranged in columns on a separate tab. I have gotten far enough that I can add data to it ok but don't know how to set up the range in the first place. IE a named Dynamic Range???? So far I just have the range set up by naming it and using a pre defined number of rows. Dont want to leave it like that. Some day sooner or later it will be a problem and I would like to learn how to do it anyways.
I'm using Excel 97 so I can't use the built in method on naming a dynamic range that I have read about.

Thanks
Menessis

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
To use a dynamic range name against a single column listing with its header in cell C1...
In the Range Name manager you will see the following:
Name: test
In the formula textbox:
=OFFSET($C$2,0,0,COUNTA($C:$C)-1,1)

After entering the $C$2, the 0 informs excel to move 0 rows, the the next 0 informs excel to move 0 columns, the counta function returns the count of the non- blank cells - the depth of the rows of the range - less 1 (-1) to exclude the header; then finally the last 1 informs excel to make the range 1 column wide

As you continue to enter data in cells c8,c9, c10 the Range name test will continue to cover from C2 to c8, c9 and c10...

Hope that helps...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi Jim....Thanks for the imfo! I was lost as far as what to use for the "formula". I haven't tried it yet...but I will let you know.

:)

Thanks
Menessis

Upvote 0
Hey Jim that works great. I think I have all the info I need to go ahead and finish the project once and for all ;)

Thanks again
Menessis

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HypnoFant

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back