Need a macro to toggle between two currencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladyaimee

I would like to be able to toggle back and forth between 2 currencies - AUD & USD - with a conversion rate that our finance dep uses (example 0.72 right now)

My spreadsheet (attached, dropbox link) is going to be full of Project costs for years, current actuals, monthly forecasts, summations, etc. All the options I've investigated to make this happen aren't possible as you would have to apply the functions like VLOOKUP or INDEX/MATCH to each cell or create new columns. Same with the IF function and drop-down list.

There's only 2 currencies but it would be too much having 2 columns (AUD & USD) for every month/column as it's already cluttered enough. I would just like to not change the format of the information displayed and toggle to be able to change all values on the sheet between the two currencies within the same cell, not to double the amount of columns. Also at the end of each month, projects update me with their new forecast figures so I just copy and paste these new figures over the current ones - which is why applying a lookup formula within each cell would be too cumbersome.

Hoping someone has already written a macro like this that they would be interested in sharing with me!!

Dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kl8rvtq8hcqvc9v/Forecast Spreadsheet.xlsx?dl=0

Thanks in advance

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrlanc20

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back