Need a more automated formula for estimating a 2 month run rate

rukiddin

Hello,

Hopefully someone can help me here. I'm in the process of automating a report that gets written and I'm down to one final formula that I need help with.

Currently I use this formula to calculate a 2 month run rate

=(((N14/1)*5)+O14)/2

The '5' represents the number of weeks left in a particular month. This number changes depending on when you run the report, and depending on how many weeks are in a FISCAL month. This particular company publishes a Calendar to highlight when their fiscal months begin and end, so it's very predictable.

The report I run is always run on Sunday, so the calculation is always done at the beginning of the week.

I need a way to replace the '5' in the formula with a formula that will automatically enter in the appropriate number (1, 2, 3, 4 or 5) depending on how many weeks are left in that fiscal month.

The forumula, as I see it would need to make the calculation based on the date the report is run, and then determine how many weeks are left in the month. I'm racking my brain, but I can't seem to get my hands around how to make that happen.

As an example, the Month of June actually started on May 26th, and ends on June 27th, so June has 5 weeks. Today is June 14th, the next report will run tomorrow (June 15th), so there will be 2 weeks left in the month (so the '5' in the formula above would need to be changed to a 2).

To be more exact, the last day of the Fiscal Month of May was May 24th, the Last Day of the Fiscal Month of June is June 28th.

Can anyone suggest a solution to this problem? Or point me in the direction of where I might find the solution? I can't be the first one to look for this.

Thanks.. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
Just in case this is helpful.. Here is the Fiscal Calendar data for 2014

January (December 30th - January 25th)
February ends Feb 22nd
March ends March 29th
April ends the 26th
May ends the 24th
June ends the 28th
July ends the 26th
August ends the 23rd
September ends the 27th
October ends the 25th
November ends the 22nd
December ends Jan 3rd. (So december has 6 weeks)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ahmad123098

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back