Need assistance with workbook for work

chris28uk

Hi guys,

not sure if anyone can help me but im having trouble making an excel spreadsheet for work to calculate quotes faster.
Hopefully you'll understand what I mean;)

Okay so basically im trying to speed up the quote process at work by making a spreadsheet to calculate the sizes of boxes, price per unit, No. of pallets and pallet sizes. Ive been working on this workbook for about two months whenever I get some spare time.(We manufacture cardboard boxes)

I've made a lot of progress considering im an amateur but I need help with a few things:

1) Is there a way I can select an option from a drop down list and that chooses how many CM to add to each cell.
E.G. not all boxes are the same, thickness, design, ect. I'd like to be able to select say "Box A" or "Box D" from a list then that will decide how many CM to add to each cell.

so if I select Box B it can add 5mm to cell H9, then 3mm to I9:L9
Or Box F add 8mm to Cell H9 then 5mm to I9:L9

I hope you can understand what I mean
Thanks Chris

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
When you select an item from a drop down list created by the cell Valication method, the cell for that dropdown takes the selected value. eg. you seclect "Box A" from the drop down, the cell value is now "Box A". From that point, you could use either VBA or formulas to populate your cells for the box dimensions. Formulas would require nested If() functions in each cell with the number of nested statements dependent on the number of items in the drop down. Or you could use VBA with a Select Case statement that changes the values in the cells based on the cell value of the item selected from the drop down.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leobueno

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back