NEED HELP!!!! Cell References a file location and a specific Tab.

Johnny Thunder

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. MacOS
Hello Friends,

I have been stuck on this for a few hours now!

Cell A1= \\Wb\cp\apps\CPLMS\WBCP Financial Systems\PECOS\PECOS Cost Allocations\ACTUALS CK\2011\Cost Allocation Project\2011 OB PECOS DATA TEST.xls Which is a file location on my server

what I am trying to do is write this formula and instead of manually writing in the file location I wanted to designate a cell that has it so I can just put that cell in the formula.

** the problem I am running into is that once it links to the file I can't get it to link to a specific tab in the file? the tab name is "DCP001_Step1a"

I really need help with this so any suggestions will be appreciated.

This is the formula I am using and I would like to remove the file and path and just refernece cell A1 which I designate with the path info?

=SUMPRODUCT(--('\\Wb\cp\apps\CPLMS\WBCP Financial Systems\PECOS\PECOS Cost Allocations\ACTUALS CK\2011\Cost Allocation Project\2011 OB PECOS DATA TEST.xls'Data Dump'!$G$2:$G$3435=$C2),--('\\Wb\cp\apps\CPLMS\WBCP Financial Systems\PECOS\PECOS Cost Allocations\ACTUALS CK\2011\Cost Allocation Project\2011 OB PECOS DATA TEST.xls'Data Dump'!$J$2:$J$3435=$E2),--('\\Wb\cp\apps\CPLMS\WBCP Financial Systems\PECOS\PECOS Cost Allocations\ACTUALS CK\2011\Cost Allocation Project\2011 OB PECOS DATA TEST.xls'Data Dump'!K$2:$K$3435=$G2),'Data Dump'!$X$2:$X$3435)*$L2*0.77

Excel 2003

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
You're looking for INDIRECT.

But it only works with open workbookd, so take a look at the Morefunc add-in. There's a feature called INDIRECT.EXT, which will work on closed workbooks.

HTH,

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mari_mariou

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back