Need help: nested if where it's based on criteria in one column then return values from another column

electrobrit

I have 2 spreadsheets. One is the Master, the other is called Export. I need to get the numbers from the export into the master (column C) each month based on the item row name and the IDs in column A need to match. I kept trying: IF column B CONTAINS this, then pull in column T from other spreadsheet where column A matches on both spreadsheets (I was using index/match). I can't get it to work. (BTW-I spent some time trying to figure out how to load pics but didn't work. Maybe someone can invision this.)

2 spreadsheets
Master
Export

If Column B in the Master contains this text "TTT RESV FEE- 3PH", then Return value from Export column N, where Column A matches in both, otherwise blank or 0
If Column B in the Master contains this text " TTT RESV FEE- ABI", then Return value from Export column D, where Column A matches in both, otherwise blank or 0
If Column B in the Master contains this text "TTT RESV FEE- CHI", then Return value from Export column D, where Column A matches in both, otherwise blank or 0
If Column B in the Master contains this text "TTT RESV FEE- JAM", the Return value from Export column D, where Column A matches in both, otherwise blank or 0
If Column B in the Master contains this text "TTT VOICE UPSCALE ", then Return value from Export column J, where Column A matches in both, otherwise blank or 0
If Column B in the Master contains this text "TTT WEB-3PH", then Return value from Export column L, where Column A matches in both, otherwise blank or 0
If Column B in the Master contains this text "TTT BOOKING FEE", then Return value from Export column B, where Column A matches in both, otherwise blank or 0
If Column B in the Master contains this text "TTT COMM", then Return value from Export column F, where Column A matches in both, otherwise blank or 0
If Column B in the Master contains this text "CONF", then Return value from Export column Q, where Column A matches in both, otherwise blank or 0
If Column B in the Master contains this text "PMS", then Return value from Export column P, where Column A matches in both, otherwise blank or 0

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
master sheetpretend export sheet
fredthistextno matchbillthistext
jothattextno matchjothistext
daveothertextmatchdaveothertext
c2 formula
=IF(AND(A2=L2,B2=M2),"match","no match")
you would need to make L2 into export!l2 etc

<colgroup><col span="15"></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mayankshekhar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back