Need macro to copy & update data from 8 workbooks to a single workbook, without duplication

EricL89

As part of an office task organization to keep track of our progress with prospects, we're trying to create a spreadsheet that we can update as needed. This is related to a previous thread I had started, relating to a macro which will sort entries (rows) into other sheets in the workbook depending on the value of the cell in a designated column. That macro is currently working properly, but what I'm currently trying to accomplish will require a separate macro.

The new goal is to have 8 workbooks (one for each user) linked to a "Master" workbook (I'll refer to this as "MWB" from now on). This MWB will have the macro, which will pull & update all entries from all 8 user workbooks ("UWB" from now on). When I say pull, in reality I mean copy & paste, but I need it to do so without it duplicating entries. Furthermore, one of the columns will be for notes/comments for the entries, so that would need to be updated if the entry in the MWB is not the same as the entry in the UWB.

Here's the format of the workbook (all are the same, except for the file name):

3 Sheets: Master, Sold, Lost (All entries originate in Master, then sorted to Sold or Lost respectively based on Column H value)
8 Columns (A-H): Propsect, Agent, Business, LOB, Referral, Contact, Notes, Complete (Notes will be the previously mentioned updating column. When Complete has an entry in it, the entire row will be moved to Sold or Lost, which I would need the macro to recognize)
Column headers are in Row 3, thus entries start in Row 4.

I think that covers the gist of it, but if you think it would be easier to create a macro for the UWB's to send & update the MWB, that works for me too. Bottom line is I'm trying to have data from 8 workbooks copied to a single workbook for all 3 sheets, adding/removing/updating data as need be.

Please let me know if you have any questions, or if you need me to clarify anything. I appreciate any help offered. Thank you!

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
After thinking it over, I think it would be easier to add a macro to each user's workbook, which will send updates to the master workbook. Anybody have any ideas for this? Thanks!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lunzwe73

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back