Need to find out how to gather data from one worksheet and populate it on another worksheet based on a search string

hundreds

Hey everyone,

I am working on creating an excel document that keeps six months worth of data for individual persons' statistics. My 'data' worksheet has several columns of information for each record (making up the statistics), but most importantly it has a "name" column for each person. Each month's info will likely include the same person all six times (one record for each month). I do not currently have a column that designates it as part of a certain month. I just use a header label at the top above each large chunk of data. Like this:
<code style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: inherit; font-family: Consolas, Menlo, Monaco, "Lucida Console", "Liberation Mono", "DejaVu Sans Mono", "Bitstream Vera Sans Mono", "Courier New", monospace, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: inherit;"> </code>
September / 2017
NameSRAPLCVIDHRRVBS
Person 1M00000
Person 2F20800
Person 3F00200
Person 4FY3001240
Person 5E110430

<tbody>
</tbody>

September / 2017
NameSRAPLCVIDHRRVBS
Person 1M00000
Person 2F20800
Person 3F00200
Person 4FY3001240
Person 5E110430

<tbody>
</tbody>

It would probably be ideal to have each month of data in it's own worksheet, but I don't know how to pull that information either. Sorry, I am mediocre at Excel, which is why I am coming here for help. :)

The data in each row is laid out like this:

NameSRAPLCVIDHRRVBS
Person's nameMYN23321251

<tbody>
</tbody>

Through fooling around a bit, I was able to use AVERAGEIF to create a listing on another worksheet (let's call it the 'results' worksheet) which combines all six months into averages, creating a master list of sorts. Using VLOOKUP on the results worksheet, I then added a small search string that pulls from the results page master list and quickly shows me a record of my choice depending on what I type. But what would be helpful is to have along with that averaged record a readout of each month's data one on top of the next, with the averages at the bottom?

Something that looks like this:

NameSRAPLCVIDHRRVBS
Person's NameE1.00.09.07.01.0
E110430
E110440
E113330
E110410
E112230
Averages:9.30430

<tbody>
</tbody>

So the result would be six records of data and then a 7th that averages all 6. The six records of data have to be copied over from the data worksheet, and it would have to be dynamically populated depending on what is entered into the search cell. I am guessing that it would make sense to just pull all of the data from the 'data' worksheet instead of getting part of it from the master list on the 'results' worksheet.

Any thoughts? Jay
September / 2017
NameSRAPLCVIDHRRVBS
Person 1M00000
Person 2F20800
Person 3F00200
Person 4FY3001240
Person 5E110430

<tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hoffk036

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back