Need to link 2 tables in Excel - one is from an SQL source

Krayziepop

Greetings!

I have a spreadsheet in which I have several sheets, each of which has its own table populated by an SQL query that displays the data per sheet by customer name and then sorts by a status column that is either "open" or "closed" (Open in Descending order) and then sorts by created time (also in descending order). This table is 17 columns wide. Right next to this table, I have another 2 column table that is to be populated by hand. The problem is that the 2 tables don't talk to each other. For example:

• If row 3 of table 1 contains an open action, then row 3 of table 2 will contain data pertaining to that action. If the action is closed via the database refresh, then it may move the action to row 10 now (as open is always shown at top) - however the data that was entered by hand in table 2 is still stuck in row 3.

Can anyone please help me find a way to make the 2 tables communicate and work together?

I cannot make it only 1 table as far as I can tell because the database refresh wipes out my additional manual columns every time.

Thanks in advance!

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
This is hard to answer without seeing the full file, but you have to turn your 2 column table into a standalone table in it's own worksheet, and it needs to include data for all customers.

Then on each of your other worksheets, you use lookups, sumifs, sumproducts, etc to pull over the data you need to display just for that customer. There is an option in the query menu to have nearby formulas expand/contract with your query data range, set that and those lookups will flex with your data.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lsmich

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back