Nested If formula

Balmer07

Office Version
  1. 365
Hi,

My head is a bit pickled, I am trying to run an If formula but not getting it right. Can you help?

I need to be able to get the below two formulas to work together for both Beanie and Blanket:

=IF(S2="123",IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH({"beanie","hat"},R2)),"Beanie"),IF(S2="456","Ignore"))
=IF(S2="123",IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("Blanket",R2)),"Blanket"),IF(S2="456","Ignore"))

I'm sure it something simple to include them into 1 formula but just cannot get it

thanks,
Steven

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
By putting numbers in quotes you turn them into text you are asking if S2= the text value 123 not the number 123. You are also missing the false augment on some of your if statements this will cause the formula to return FALSE since you did not specify what should be returned.

Code:
=IF(S2=123,IF(OR(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("beanie",R2)),ISNUMBER(SEARCH("hat",R2))),"beanie","if s2=123 whet R2 is ont beanie or hat goes here"),IF(S2=456,"ignore","if s2<> 123 or 426 goes here"))
Code:
=IF(S2="123",IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("Blanket",R2)),"Blanket","if s2=123 whet R2 is ont beanie or hat goes here"),IF(S2="456","Ignore","if s2<> 123 or 426 goes here"))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnur

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back