New to macros

msdvers4

I work in the banking industry and I am trying to save some time. I work fraud debit card claims and when we deny a claim, we have to use a lengthy note to leave on the claim. As of right now I have one that I can copy and paste but I still have to take a min or so editing it. So I created an excel sheet to help automatically create my denial notes. ON SHEET1, There's a place where I can select the denial reasons with a check box. I have a field under the denial reasons that populates the completed denial note when I click on a button labeled DENY NOTE. The denial note is put together on Sheet2. There's a button that clears the denial note field after each claim on Sheet1. There is also a button labeled START and it creates the base denial note on Sheet2. When I select a denial reason box, I want it to enter into the Sheet2 denial note, while I was successful with the first one, the second macro either just copies the previous one or over writes it. There are 14 denial reasons and once their box is checked, I would like for them to be independently entered into the denial note on Sheet2. Then when I am finished, I click the DENY NOTE button on Sheet2 and it populates on Sheet1. I don't have to go to Sheet 2 at all. It is mainly a storage space for phrases that go into the actual note. I hope this is not too confusing. Any help would be appreciated.

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
I'ts a bit confusing
:confused: would you mind perhaps putting up an example or perhaps the code you been using and you need help with.

Upvote 0
Too difficult to follow your description but...

It seems you have 14 denial reasons on sheet2 in 14 different cells. (perhaps each a modest paragraph in length).

On sheet1 you have a checkbox/s and when you click a certain box to ON you want a denial reason from sheet2 to populate a FIELD on sheet1.
And is that "field" the Linked Cell to the check box that was clicked on OR is the "field" the same for any and all checkboxes.

And you have a button (macro) that clears that field.

So, if the "field" is the Linked Cell to a certain checkbox, you can have code assigned to the checkbox/s to import the denial reason when ON and clear it when OFF.

I'll stop here to see if we are somewhere near understanding the sheet1 & 2 layouts.

Howard

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amyap

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back