NOVICE!!! Need help with VBA and Macro

Amckinzie

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
So what I need is a button to click on a template (shift handoff) that will save it to a historical file (workbook) and then clear the data in the template to start over for the next day. Problem is I have no idea what I’m doing. It’s for a family business and I’m trying to be as useful as I can. And at this point I’m very confused. So can someone explain to me how to do this like I’m 5 years old? Lol! TIA!!

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
Welcome to the Board!

In order to do something like you describe, where automation is involved, it is probably going to require the use of VBA. Since VBA is a programming language, if you don't already know it, there isn't really any way for us to be able to teach you that in a thread (no more than we could teach you Spanish in a thread). This forum is really meant to answer specific questions.

I can give you two recommendations:
1. Do a Google Search to see if you can find a template like this that was already created and is available for download. There are many templates on the internet that others have created that you may be able to use. You just need to hunt around for them a little.
2. Hire a Consultant to work with you and create this for you. MrExcel does have a list of recommend consultants found here: Consulting Services

Best of luck!
:)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back