Numeric data is incorrect after upgrading from 2013 to 2016

olofmur

Hi,

Up until a week ago my company used Excel 2013 but we have now been upgraded to Office 365 with Excel 2016. Yay! A year ago I built an analysis template with accumulated weekly sales data with the power pivot addin, and had to upgrade the model to be able to use the report with the new Office 365. Everything seemed fine but except that a lot of columns with numeric data got formatted as text after the upgrade. I changed all these back to whole number in the power pivot window which made all the measures and calculations work again.

But then I ran into a huge problem: random rows in the data set has gotten faulty numeric values after this. For example, some rows which before had numeric values formatted as 12,345.67 has now got the value 1,234,567.00 or 123,456.70 or any other random base 10 multiplier. This happens very randomly throughout the entire dataset and I can't find a solution to revert it back. Since our sales database only logs 4 weeks of selling for specific measures that I use I cannot pull a new set but have to rely ond the old accumulated data from previous versions of the file.

What I have tried so far:

• Removing all the data from the new model and insert the entire old data set once more from previous versions that were working as intended before the upgrade
  • Tried numerous number formatting on each column in the powerpivot window
  • Format all cells in the linked tables as i want them to be

As the dataset is about 200 000 rows I cannot manage this manually. Has anyone ever run into this problem or have any idea what I could try? I could rebuild the entire file, but that would mean that we lose about a year of accumulated sales data because of the restrictions in the database.

Thank you for any input, and if you need any infromation just let me know!

BR Olof

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sravya

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back