"Office has detected a problem with this file. Editing it may harm your computer. Click for more details"

billfinn

Board Regular
Good afternoon,
I have been working on projects using the only version supported here, 2000. To date I have had no issues working on it from my home PC running 2010 as long as I ran it in compatibility mode. Yesterday I opened it from home and got a red banner at the top with the message "Office has detected a problem with this file. Editing it may harm your computer. Click for more details"
I clicked and it brought me to my INFO page which stated that Excel found an issue with my file and editing it may be dangerous. To keep my computer safe the file was opened in Protected View. I scanned the file for issues and none were detected. I then clicked Edit Anyway and ran the file through it's paces with no issues. Back at work today and as long as I open it from 2000 no issues. As soon as I open it from 2010 I get the error. When I click Edit Anyway it appears that the macro that always opens the main worksheet upon opening the file may be involved as I get the error message "Activate method of Worksheet Class failed". I click End in the error box and continue on my merry way.
Macro code is below
Code:
Private Sub Workbook_Open()Worksheets("Front End").Activate
Application.GoTo Range("A1"), True
ActiveWindow.VisibleRange(1, 1).Select
End Sub
I would appreciate any suggestions or thoughts as to what could be going on.
Thanks,
Bill

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.

billfinn

Board Regular
I noticed that I fat fingered the code. It actually looks like this
Code:
Private Sub Workbook_Open()Worksheets("Front End").Activate
Application.GoTo Range("A1"), True
ActiveWindow.VisibleRange(1, 1).Select
End Sub

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Napoleao Paca

This Week's Hot Topics

• Finding issue in If elseif else with For each Loop
    Finding issue in If elseif else with For each Loop I have tried this below code but i'm getting in Y column filled with W005. Colud you please...
  • MsgBox Error
    Hi Guys, I have the below error show up when i try and run my macro in File1 but works fine if i copy and paste the same code into file2. [ATTACH...
  • CELL FORMAT - IF CONDITION
    My Cell Format is [B]""0.00" Cr". [/B]But in the cell, it is showing 123.00 for editing. (123 is entry figure). (Data imported from other...
  • Show numbers nearly the same
    Is this possible. I have a number that can change very time eg 0.00001234 Then I have a lot of numbers 0.0000001, 0.0000002, 0.00000004...
  • Please i need your help to create formula
    I need a formula in cell B8 to do this >>if b1=1 then multiply ( cell b8) by 10% ,if b1=2 multiply by 20%,if=3 multiply by 30%. Thank you in...
  • Got error while adding column and filter
    Got error while adding column and filter In column Z has some like "Success" and "Error". I want to add column in AA if the Z cell value is...