One to Many Form

ncedward

I am trying to build a database for work and need a bit of help. The database is set up as a one to many. I am having trouble designing the forms to go with it though. For example if i create a User table and need to enter events that occur for this user and I need to enter multiple contacts for the events and then I need to enter observations for the events. How can I link the so that the events are linked to the user and the contacts and observations to the events? My tables are set up correctly and the UserID will associate with the event in datasheet view but not when designing forms. :confused:

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
@SydneyGeek, thanks for the reply! I'm comfortable doing this, and actually used the link to create a subform; however, I have many sub tables that really need to be access via a linked form. I'm having trouble linking the forms (I should have been more specific). 'It' works fine using the subform but now when doing the linked tables. Even when using the Wizard ???? I'm somewhat of a Newb but I'm one of those 'pick things up as I go' types.

Upvote 0
Is this many subforms all at the saem level, or one to many to many... in a cascade? If the latter, how many levels deep do you want to go?
You can make a subform dependent on another subform but having more than 3 or at the most 4 form objects open at once will slow your application down.

Denis

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chase S

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back