PASTE a ROW of data with MULTIPLE COLUMNS and FILTER it from your existing excel database sheet?

jetturk

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Let's say I have a long list of database on one sheet. In another sheet, I’d like to have an area that I can PASTE the search query which is a single row of data with multiple columns.. Something Like "number number text number text " 5 columns can be pasted to an area and as I pasted , it should bring the data from the database sheet. Please note, I am not looking for a fixed data filter here, each time I should be able to paste and delete( clear) this row of data, so that I can filter for new row of data as I needed. I havent seen any example on the internet. If someone can help me on this, will be much appreciated. Thank you

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
Sounds like Excel Advanced Filter is what you should be searching for.

Upvote 0
Thank you, but you cannot paste multiple columns on that. One by one time consuming, hence the need of the paste of multiple columns on a single filter row.

Upvote 0
You are the only one who knows what the relationship is between what's being pasted and your database so I guess you're right.

Upvote 0
Here is an example. I have the data sheet. Instead of entering the values one by one, I'd like to copy 3 columns of data row, and paste it somewhere to filter. Hope this makes sense.

Attachments

• rrrrrr.PNG
    rrrrrr.PNG
    163.3 KB · Views: 4
Upvote 0
If row 1 on your other sheet was a copy of the header row of your database could you not paste to row 2 starting at the appropriate column in order to establish the criteria range for an Advanced Filter ?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back