Paste Data Below the Last Used Row not working

Kasbres

Hello,

I have a script that moves data from one sheet to another based on a criteria-- thanks to the help I got on this board :). It moves what I need perfectly, BUT It is supposed to move below the last line of data -line 232 for this so it should go to line 233, but is going to line 5004. I can sort them into order but the next time data moves it goes to line 5005 not 234. I tried to clearing the lines, deleting the empty lines on the Data history tab, and it just keeps progressing after the last line in the 5000s. I am stumped.

Sub Move_Data()
'
' Move_Data Macro
' Move Data
'
' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+Shift+M
'
ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="123"
Worksheets("DataHistory").Unprotect Password:="123"
Dim Check As Range, r As Long, lastrow2 As Long, lastrow As Long
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
lastrow = ActiveWorkbook.ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count
lastrow2 = Worksheets("DataHistory").UsedRange.Rows.Count
If lastrow2 = 1 Then lastrow2 = 1
For r = lastrow To 2 Step -1
If Range("F" & r).Value = "Not Eligible" Or Range("I" & r).Value >= (1 / 1 / 80) Or Range("K" & r).Value >= (1 / 1 / 80) Or Range("L" & r).Value >= (1 / 1 / 80) Then
Rows(r).Cut Destination:=Worksheets("DataHistory").Range("a" & lastrow2 + 1)
Rows(r).Delete
lastrow2 = lastrow2 + 1
Else:
End If
Next r
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
Worksheets("DataHistory").Range("A1:N5000").Locked = True <<NOTE also tried Range(A:N)>>
Worksheets("DataHistory").Protect Password:="123"
ActiveSheet.Protect Password:="123"
End Sub

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
What happens if you change
Code:
lastrow = ActiveWorkbook.ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count
 lastrow2 = Worksheets("DataHistory").UsedRange.Rows.Count

to

Code:
lastrow = ActiveWorkbook.ActiveSheet.Cells.Find("*", , xlValues, , xlByRows, xlPrevious).Row
 lastrow2 = Worksheets("DataHistory").Cells.Find("*", , xlValues, , xlByRows, xlPrevious).Row

Upvote 0
THANK YOU.. It works, it puts it two lines down, ie last line is 234 and it puts it on 237. but I can live with two blank lines. It doesn't "grow" either, it is always 2 blank rows.

On a side note do you know why the keyboard short cut no longer works. I can only get it to run from the toolbar? Worse case now that I know what to fix I can redo the whole script.

Thank you again.

Upvote 0
2nd problem first try...

Press Alt + F8
Select the macro
press options
put in the shortcut.

As the first problem what does the below give you?

Code:
Sub xxxx()
Dim x As Range
Set x = Cells(Worksheets("DataHistory").Cells.Find("*", , xlValues, , xlByRows, xlPrevious).Row, Rows(Worksheets("DataHistory").Cells.Find("*", , xlValues, , xlByRows, xlPrevious).Row).Find("*", , xlValues, xlPart, xlByColumns, xlPrevious, False).Column)
MsgBox x.Value2 & vbLf & Len(x.Value) & vbLf & x.Address
End Sub

Upvote 0
Also why aren't you putting lastrow2 in the loop and removing lastrow2 = lastrow2 + 1?

Upvote 0
I must have done something wrong, It popped up a window with the name of the class 44$N617. I assume the name of the class is pulling from column N where the class name is on each tab. It doesn't move anything? Was I supposed to insert it somewhere within the code...

I am now totally confused.

Upvote 0
It wasn't to move anything, it was because you are stating that the code is posting 2 rows down from the last row to find out exactly where the last row actually was.

So is this cell with this "class 44$N617" 2 rows below where you were hoping the code would take you?

Upvote 0
As to Also why aren't you putting lastrow2 in the loop and removing lastrow2 = lastrow2 + 1? I really do not know.

I will be honest I am horrible with VBA scripts- I was asked to help out as the only person in our office that new anything at all about Excel. I pieced this together this from other scripts I found on this board and others over a year ago and I really do not remember how exactly I managed to get it to work. This was the 4th script I have ever done and I don't understand most of what I did. It was a lot of trial and error, I had over 52 versions at one point. Once I got it to work--or appeared to work, I was afraid to mess it up. So I REALLY appreciate your help on this but need more guidance on what you mean... Sorry

Thank you again!.

Upvote 0
What happens if you change
Code:
lastrow2 = Worksheets("DataHistory").Cells.Find("*", , xlValues, , xlByRows, xlPrevious).Row
to
Code:
lastrow2 = Worksheets("DataHistory").Columns("A:M").Find("*", , xlValues, , xlByRows, xlPrevious).Row

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BBV123

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back