Pasting Data Upwards

alive15

Good afternoon,

I have some data in cells A1:B10. I want to paste directly into another excel sheet, but fill the data upwards instead of downwards.

For example, I want to paste directly into D80, so B10 = D80 and A10 = C80.

Is there some settings I need to enable or some formula to accomplish this task? The only requirement to fulfill involves pasting the data directly into D80.

The reason for the above requirement includes not actually knowing what row # the data will get pasted into. It could be D77, it could be D120 or D555.

A second reason why I need the above requirement involves using my macro. All of these copying / pasting will be accomplishhed automatically through my macro.

If I can find a solution to my issue, I will complete my macro. Thanks

EDIT: Most importantly, I just need to figure out how to do this with mouse movements; then I can create a macro to automatically do this. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
How about
Code:
Sub chk2()

With Sheets("[COLOR=#ff0000]Exist[/COLOR]")
        Sheets("[COLOR=#ff0000]List[/COLOR]").Range("C80").Offset(-9).Resize(10, 2).Value = .Range("A1:B10").Value
    End With

End Sub
Changing sheets names in red to suit

Last edited:
Upvote 0
s there some settings I need to enable or some formula to accomplish this task? The only requirement to fulfill involves pasting the data directly into D80.

The reason for the above requirement includes not actually knowing what row # the data will get pasted into. It could be D77, it could be D120 or D555.
So, if I read the above correctly, you are not always pasting into cell D80, correct? You need the routine to work for any cell in Column D, correct? If so, and since this is going to be done from a macro, how are you determining the row in Column D to start your upward pasting from (that is, how do you know to start at D80 or D77 or D120, etc.)?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sebas8956

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back