Persian font of numbers in optionbutton caption

alizol

Dear MrExcel,
I have a questionnaire which includes some descriptive data like age range(for example less than 30 years) of respondents which I place them(I mean less than 30 years in persian) in Caption properties of option buttons.I need the numbers in "caption" to appear in persian. I selected a persian font for "font" properties of optionbuttons.I also changed the system locale(because some friends told me that it is because excell vba is non unicode program) in windows control planel(region and language)..But numbers-just numbers not texts- still appear in english.I changed the formats in region and language of control panel to persian I tried different fonts but it didn't help. I feel hopless. I feel honor if you help me..

Thanks in Advance
Yours Sincerely
Ali
P.S.
I repeat the point that there is no font problem with persian text in optionbuttons' captions.It is just the numbers that appear in english.

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
Hi Ali
Welcome to the board

What kind of option button?
If you mean in a userform, you use the Persian unicode character code for the digits (hex values 6F0-6F9)
It won't accept the characters directly in the properties dialog, but you can write it with vba, for ex., during initialisation.

For ex., I added an option button to a userform, the name is OptionButton1

In the useform module I used:

Code:
Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()

UserForm1.OptionButton1.Caption = "Test 123-" & ChrW(&H6F1) & ChrW(&H6F2) & ChrW(&H6F3)

End Sub

I run the userform and get the caption:

Test 123-۱۲۳

Does this help?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Dear PGC
Thanks for your reply but it daint help I am afraid. Actually I don't use a user form. I just select an optionbutton from activex control.Right click on it to get the properties.I both tested the English fonts like arial and Persian font like B Zar and then tried to type a Persian word in caption properties. But it immediately changed to ???? and the same ??? appeared on object(option button) too. At work there is no problem with text but with no. At home none of them is correct.If I could send u an attachment I would send the printscreen word file which u could see it yourself.

Thanks Anyway
Sorry for disturbance

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dsharae57

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back